Saturday, June 18, 2011

101 Days of Summer Challenge Update Week #3

Well, after two+ years of neglecting my blog I have decided to try this again.  Not much has changed in the past two years except I have managed to find an extra 10 pounds.  When I did the Biggest Loser Blog Edition I started off weighing 195.  A few weeks ago I found myself at 205, which is my highest weight ever.  And it scared me enough to want to get serious.  And then after reading about Biz's 101 Days of Summer Challenge it seemed like all the extra encouragement I needed. 

The challenge is actually on its third week but life got in the way of me getting my blog going again so I am just now updating.  My goals for the challenge are 1) to lose something each week. I don’t care if its .2 of a pound, I just want to weigh less than the week before and 2) to exercise 150 minutes each week (30 min 5 days).

Week 1 - Unfortunately I had some personal issues come up that didn't allow me to start this week.  Very hard week in my life. 

Week 2 - Worked out twice this week so did not make my goal of 150 minutes but did have a small loss.  1 out of 2! 

Week 3 - DID IT!!!  Work out exactly 150 minutes.  I did do two 45 min days and 1 hour day, but at least I did it.  And I am down from 205 to 203.8 so 1.2 pounds lost so far. 

I know if I could just get my eating under control I would have much better results.  My biggest probelm isn't what I eat its the quantity I eat it in.  I have signed up again for Weight Watchers online and I'm hoping that will help me be more accountable. 

Don't want to write too long of a post for my first one so I will be back soon to update how I am doing.  Good luck to everyone else and I will be making my rounds of the other participants to cheer them on! 

4 comments:

Biz said...

Go Tracy! Glad you decided to get back on track - I love using eTools to track my food and the recipe builder is great too.

Hope you have a great week!

Renee Paj said...

Good Luck...sounds like you are getting there!!

My problem too is less what I eat as it is how much I eat...sigh....I will get there, and so will you!

Maggie @ Say Yes to Salad said...

Good luck!!

Christine said...

Nice job! Reading about your success inspires me. :-) Thanks!