Friday, August 26, 2011

TGIF

I am sooooo glad it is Friday.  This was my first full week doing my student teaching and it is hard to get used to being on my feet all day.  I am working with high school kids and you cannot let up for a second with them.  But I am absolutely loving it so far.  I sometimes realize what a great time I'm having and hope that I have finally found my calling.  Only took me 40 years! 

I actually lost again this week without any exercise (which I am so trying to get back into).  I have to be honest that on Thursday we were so busy with classes that I completely skipped lunch.  I wonder if that contributed a bit to my Friday weigh in.  But I was so ravenous when I got home that night I really felt like I made up for skipping that meal.  I don't want to do that again though, it didn't make me feel very good. 

We have a really busy weekend with two birthday partys and dinner at a good friend's house so that worries me a bit too.  But I am just going to practice portion control as much as I can and really, really try to meet a friend at the gym Saturday and Sunday.  Money is so tight with me not working for pay but I just keep holding on to that membership...sigh!  Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! 

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Congrats on the weight loss this week! Ok, not only do we have the same name, had the same blog name now I read you're teaching? Well, I'm currently in school studying to be an English Teacher and it only took me 36 years. Lol!

Best advice I could give you about the upcoming parties is, don't worry too much. Bet you thought I had something better right? :-) But really, the anxiety only aggravates things more. You're already think ahead...portion control is key. Good luck!!!