Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's weekend

Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's weekend. Enjoyment wise, it couldn't have been better. Food wise, I've had better days. : ( I honestly don't feel like I did horrible, but I know that I indulged a bit more then I should have.

Friday night my Mom and I took my nieces and my boyfriend's daughter to a tea party. This place was adorable! They let the girls (and grown ups) do a little dress up before going their table and the kids just had a blast with this. This was our table.


The lady brought us individual tea pots with different flavored teas. One was chocolate, which the younger crowd enjoyed, but I liked the one that had apples and cinnamon. They also brought trays of the most yummy finger foods. I had exactly one of everything, but that totaled eight things. They were pretty small and I did have 16 points left for the day but I honestly have no idea how to count them. This was the adult tray.


And here is my lovely hat. : )


Yesterday started out good and I had plans to cook a Valentine's dinner but my boyfriend surprised me by taking me to Outback. That is one of my favorite restaurants. I don't feel that I did too badly there either. I had a few pieces of the bread, my salad with dressing on the side, about 1/2 of a 6 oz steak and the French green beans. I had never had those before since I usually go for the loaded potato, they were really good.

That night we got together with friends and there were lots of munchies. Since we had eaten so early, I definitely ate too much there. But Saturday was my Super High Day so I was just going to move on and start fresh today.

Big sigh ... today at the last minute I went to a movie and then to the Olive Garden. I was so proud of myself for declining anything at the movies even though the popcorn smelled delicious. And at Olive Garden I had two big plates of salad, with my dressing on the side, and a flatbread grilled chicken appetizer. It had alfredo sauce on it, which I'm sure wasn't great, but I didn't finish the whole thing.

So three days of being pretty much completely off program BUT I feel like I really made good choices. I never once felt stuffed or like I had eaten too much. And that used to be a big problem with me. So I may not see much of or any loss this week, but I feel like I did good anyway. And I do have three days left to kick it in gear and see if I can pull something out of my hat. But if not ... eh. I'm okay with it this week.

And for anyone thinking about seeing it, Confessions of a Shopaholic is a really cute movie.

4 comments:

Shari said...

Aww that tea party place looks FUN! Sounds like you had a great weekend! I'm reading the Confessions of a Shopaholic book so I'll see the movie after that.

And Blogger gave me another funny word to verify with -- bedneck. Me and this Blogger thing have a love/hate relationship :)

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

What a cute party! I love those girlie things!

Way to go on navigating all those tricky outings; sometimes it is hard to figure out the POINTS in those situations, but I think the main thing is that you tried to make the best choices and didn't overeat! That is terrific!

Kud said...

That tea place DOES look adorable!!!!!!! So I think you did really good for the weekend and you should pat yourself on the back. The thing is that you probably don't want to be on plan for the rest of your life, and your eating this weekend showed you and should give you confidence that you can eat healthily in the real world and make the best decisions for your body!! These weekends will end up helping you a lot more than you think now when you're in weight-loss mode!!

Natalie said...

What a cute tea party! So cute! And you did a great job on the weekend- resisting popcorn is a big thing!