Thursday, February 26, 2009

Week #7 Results

Well, this week’s weigh in did not go as well as my previous ones. I basically hopped off the wagon last Friday, ran as far away from it as I could, and pretended like the last 7 weeks had never happened. It was not pretty. I made very, very bad choices. I ate out A LOT. And I exercised nada, zip, nothing.

I also disappeared off the blog world. I was even ashamed to read everyone else knowing how bad I was doing myself. Yes, as I’m typing that I realize how silly it is. Reading about everyone else’s week might have helped me get back on track a lot faster.

So what was the damage done? I weighed in at 184.5 for a 3.5 pound gain. Ouch! Actually though, I am not as upset with this as I thought I would be. Yes, I am disappointed in myself for going so out of control but I deserve every bit of that gain after the week I had. It almost amuses me that I freak out after losing “only” half a pound during a good week but a gain like this one and I’m just “eh.”

I have learned some things from this week though. One is that if I don’t go to the grocery and have healthy, easily accessible foods in the house I will not do well. I haven’t been to the grocery in almost two weeks, which led to the eating out, which led to one bad decision in a weak moment, which led to, “oh well, I’m done for the week, might as well go all out” decisions.

Two, is that weeks like this are going to happen. I will admit that I had a moment or two of wondering if I should just give up and try again in a month or so when things calm down. But this blog, and keeping up with everyone else and their progress, has helped me stick with it a lot longer this time.

And I don’t want to just give up because I’ve had one bad week. If that leads to several bad weeks I am going to end up right back at 195 or higher! I still have lost 10.5 pounds overall. If I have one bad week every time I lose 10 pounds, I think I’ll be okay with that.

The reality is that even after the Biggest Loser Blog contest is over I will not be at my goal weight. I still have quite a bit of a journey to go. And this process is about me getting healthy overall, not just losing weight. I think that will be ongoing even after I get to goal as I increase my exercising and try to move towards healthier whole foods.

I apologize to my team members for the bad number this week but I promise you will see it go right back down next week! I got my tracker back out today. I made the best of what I could find for breakfast this morning and had Subway for lunch. I will be tracking everything this week and getting my behind in gear on the exercising.

In addition I will be blogging as much as I can this week about how my days are going. I think being accountable to this has greatly helped me lose what I did the last few months, so I’m hoping it will help get me back on track also. Off to check on everyone else.

6 comments:

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Tracy, don't feel bad - take a look at what my week was like!!! LOL!! My wagon crashed and burned!! Anyway, I LOVE your positive attitude about this and you are CERTAINLY RIGHT; there are going to be weeks like this. It's what we do after this that matters. Pick up, dust off and we'll just keep on going! I feel so proud for you and all you have accomplished - you are doing GREAT!!!

Kinder said...

Aww. It's hard when you get off track, but the important thing is to get back on track and move forward in your journey!

I will look forward to seeing how you are doing this week.

Shari said...

Seems like lots of us have had bad weeks lately. Thank goodness we don't all have them at the same time or we wouldn't have the others to motivate us back into gear.

So get to that grocery store woman! That is EXACTLY my problem with my bad week a couple weeks back. Have vowed to go to the grocery every week. If for nothing else but fresh fruit and veggies (and The Kiddo always needs milk -- she LOVES milk).

I too look forward to seeing a loss come next Thursday!

Shhhhh said...

Don't you even freaking think about giving up - even for a day! When you find yourself going off plan, jump on and blog about it. There's any number of people who will sympathize - or kick your ass. I'm an ass kicker, BTW. :)

You can do this. You've just got to believe you're worthy.

And you are!

Kud said...

I think your attitude after this tough week is soo inspirational and right on. this is not a sign to stop but rather a sign you're doing something right. if you had one bad week after 10 pounds of hard-earned loss, and still keep going, then you are not only human but SUPERhuman. Most people just give up but to reflect via blogging and realize that it's ok to make mistakes and the trick is the bouncing back part, then you WILL reach your goal weight. Who cares when that happens, as long as you keep working on it and letting your body adapt and adjust. You are perfect right now in your perspective and enlightened attitude. I am super proud and inspired! So thank you.

Rosie said...

Hang in there Tracy. For me I think blogging everyday and making a commitment to my blog has kept me on this weight loss journey no matter what else is going on in my life. You can do this, blogging more often might help.