Monday, January 12, 2009

Busy times

Sorry, didn't mean to disappear off the radar like that. I am currently taking classes online to finish up my bachelor's degree. I mistakenly thought I had a week break in between classes and discovered I most certainly did not. So I am a little behind and frantically catching up. Of course this is one of the harder classes so my days have mainly been working and coming straight home to study. Fun, fun, fun.

In more important news I am still doing fairly well with my points. I would like to say I'm doing great but I did have a bit of a problem on Saturday where I just decided to eat whatever I wanted. Not sure why, but I've had those days before and I'm sure I will again. In my meager defense we were at a friends house and the table was covered with all sorts of goodies and munchies. But last time I checked I am perfectly capable of saying no. The important thing is getting right back to it no matter how many bad days there are. That's what I've always have trouble with in the past. One day leads to two, leads to months, leads to the year being gone and me being exactly where I was. Not this time. On Sunday I jumped right back into journaling. And today was perfect on points too. I have already planned my food out for tomorrow and hopefully that will be the last night of my catching up with school also. I still have not added any exercise to my routine but I am hoping that will come next week.

I do have a few very challenging days coming up. Saturday is my birthday (yea!) but unfortunately that usually means a weeks worth of food (boo). On Thursday we are having a potluck at work. Luckily there are several people there in the New Year's diet mode so we are planning a very point friendly lunch. Then Saturday we are going out with friends and I picked a mongolian BBQ restaurant that I love that should also allow me to watch my points. Here's where I need some advice. What type of alcohol is WW friendly? I don't drink much but I would like to have a few this night. Any suggestions?

I peeked at the scale and it shows me going in the right direction. I am going to make my weigh-in Thursday instead of Wednesday to give me 3 days to get back on track after the weekends so I'm hoping to have an even better number by then. I will be visiting everyone's blogs and catching up in the next few days, but from the few I've seen Angie's team is doing awesome! I'll be so excited to add my number to the group.

5 comments:

karen said...

I wouldn't worry so much about Saturday. It's good to have a day here and there when the calories/points/whatever get a little high. It shakes up your metabolism! When I was on WW (before I got my BodyBugg) I would sometimes use the Wendie Plan to divide my points throughout the week and the only times I consistently lost was when I was ... and one of my favorite parts of it was the "Super High Day" which really WAS Super High in points :)

Shhhhh said...

Bad days happen, but it's learning the triggers and coming up with ways to avoid or make it through without doing too much damage that's important. Snacking on healthy things before going out or taking your own snacks are good ideas.

As far as WW friendly drinks, I'm not too sure since I don't follow WW. Drinks that won't pack too much of a caloric punch though are, mojitos(160), vodka w/ diet cranberry(140), cosmopolitan(130), rum and diet coke(130), Whiskey Sour(165). The rule of thumb when ordering a mixed drink is to ask for the mixer to be low cal or no cal - like the diet cranberry in a vodka cranberry or a cosmopolitan or the diet coke in the rum and coke.

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Hi Tracy! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Hope you have a great birthday! Enjoy yourself and have some nice wine; 4 oz. is only 2 Points!

karen said...

Let me know if there's anything specific you want to know about the Bugg! There's SO much I could tell but really have no idea what information folks are looking for about it. One of these days I'll write a nice long post about it ...

MeltingLisa said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, look forward to getting to know you as a fellow Team Angie team member!

Have a wonderful birthday! I think wine is about the bst bet ... as you read from my blog .. stay away from those darn shooters! :S