Monday, January 19, 2009

Weekend update

Well, I am so glad this weekend is over. It was a wonderful weekend fun wise. Food wise, not so great. Saturday was my actual birthday so a bunch of us went out to dinner and then to a local bar. Food leading up to dinner was great. Dinner was great. We went to a mongolian BBQ restaurant that has the nutritional values on their website. They even offer lettuce cups to put the food in instead of rice or a tortilla. So I had chicken, shrimp, scallops, lots of veggies and the lettuce cups. Then we went to the bar and that's where everything went downhill. I don't think that the drink I had was too bad points wise, it was the quantity I had it in. I don't drink a lot but I had about 6 of these fruity concoctions and 3 shots. I counted about 3 points for each one. OUCH! I have to say though I had such a good time. I even voluntarily got up and sang at karoke and I never do that! : ) Afterwards the whole group went to Waffle House and I had a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich and 1/4 of a waffle. I counted about 3 points for the waffle and 11 for the sandwich. So that put me using 31 points over for the day. Not bad...even gave me 4 left for the week.

I think where I got off track was Sunday. We got home at about 5:00 in the morning so by the time I got up I just felt off all day. Not hungover at all, because I hate throwing up so I don't let myself get there, but just sluggish and not quite with it. I ended up going over my points by 27 that day. My downfall was a California Pizza from the grocery. It looked so innocent, chicken, white sauce, onions and garlic. I was starving and ate the whole thing. 24 points. Again, OUCH! So for the week I used 23 points I didn't have.

But today I was off work and I went to the grocery and got all sorts of good foods for the next week. I stayed right within my points, even a few under today. And I'm hoping to get off here and go exercise again. The odd thing about all this is that I'm not even upset that I went so off my points. Yes, I wish I had stopped after Saturday and gotten back on plan but I didn't and Sunday happened too. Its just that this time I don't want to have a few bad days and give up and gain it all back. I want to enjoy myself, which I did, and then continue on with my healthy way of living. It feels good not to beat myself up about it. Just knowing that I still did great the two days before that and I'm going to do great the three days after. Maybe some of this is starting to sink in and I'll be able to make the change to healthy for good this time.

I don't want to be too longwinded here but I did want to say how incredible everyone on Team Angie did last week. Wow! There are some very motivating and inspiring ladies out that. I especially want to say congrats to Shari who was the top winner for Team Angie. I really enjoy reading her because she is right here in my city. (And I would link to her but I don't know how yet!) So go Team Angie, here's to another awesome week!

2 comments:

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Tracy, so glad you had a great bday! It sounds like a blast!

You have an awesome attitude about your indulgence and getting back on track. Much credit to you for even COUNTING ALL YOUR POINTS while you were having fun. The acknowlegement that you gave it is half the battle right there! Shows you're 'still in the game' so to speak! And you are in it to win it with your great attitude!!!

Kinder said...

SUch a great attitude!

Happy belated birthday!