Sunday, January 25, 2009

Ow, ow, ow ...

Hope everyone's weekend went well. I took a little break from the computer and enjoyed just hanging around this weekend. Food wise, did really well. I decided to have Saturday be my day to use my extra flex points and I think I used about 19 overall. So 16 left for the week in case something comes up. So far I am doing good in accomplishing my goal of not going over my points.

I did have something different for my breakfast this morning that was so good. I read about Angie's oatmeal all the time and it looks so good. So I ordered some PB2 and bought my oatmeal and was all ready to go yesterday. I rushed home Friday, no delivery. I checked online and it says it was rescheduled until tomorrow. Boo. I was so disappointed.

But I made the oats anyway and used real peanut butter, coconut, a few dates and a little brown sugar. It was delicious. I tried the steel cut oats this time but I have old fashioned oatmeal to try too. I thought the portion size looked so tiny I would be hungry again in an hour. But it filled me up and I wasn't hungry again until lunch. Guess I am a convert. I will hopefully let you know how it is with my PB2 on Tuesday.

One of my other goals this week was to exercise 3 times and add some strength training. Which is how I came up with my title above, because I've been saying it all day. I am a huge fan of the Biggest Loser and when I saw their two new videos at Sams last weekend I had to grab them. I tried them both yesterday and Bob pretty much kicked my behind all over the place. : ) I have always said I would prefer Jillian if I ever had a choice but wow, I have new found respect for Bob. Here are the two I got.



I am sore in muscles I didn't even know I had. But overall they were a lot of fun. The boot camp is using weights and it was hard but not too bad. I think I may need to get a little heavier weights. But the yoga was really rough. I never imagined yoga was that difficult. Now, he does say this is a weight loss yoga so I am assuming it was not like a normal relaxing yoga. But I was covered in sweat and shaking all over by the time it was done. And yep, I fully intend on doing them again tomorrow and Wednesday.

I am off to check up on everyone else. I am really enjoying the Biggest Loser Blog Edition so much and so far it has kept me motivated like nothing else has. Thanks to everyone who keeps up with me and leaves such encouraging comments, it really means a lot.

3 comments:

MeltingLisa said...

Wow good for you doing those DVD's, that's my goal this week .. you are all inspiring me!

Shari said...

Oh shoot I wish I had known you were thinking of getting some PB2. I bought some and don't like it. I'd have sent it to you free!

I've been thinking of getting TBL dvds too but Jillian's 30 day shred just about kills me and is too hard for me right now. I know once I get some of this weight off and get stronger it won't be, but right now it is. Might have to check out Bob :)

Great weekend too!

Kud said...

i was thinking of investing in some exercise dvds. THe problem is that i bought the whole Taebo series for my mom and only used them once. So i can't say too much about my track record. Plus, I don't like exercising in front of other people, and I live at home with my parents. Maybe when i have my own place and can do stuff like that alone, I'll feel more comfortably.