Thursday, January 15, 2009

Week #1 - Results

I am so excited about this...I lost 5.5 pounds! Yippee. I am so proud of myself for everything I did this week to not just give up and stay where I am even through some rough times. And as I was hoping this loss is really motivating and encouraging me to keep going. We had my birthday potluck at lunch today and I was on such a high I watched everything I ate and journaled it as soon as I got back to my desk. And managed to stay exactly within my points today. The only day I am worried about is Saturday, that is when we are going OUT for my birthday. Thanks to some great suggestions on here I am hoping to be in control of that too.

One thing I really want to do this week is add some exercise. And so tonight before dinner I got on the treadmill for 40 minutes and went almost 2 miles. Very slow to a lot of you awesome runners out there, I know but that was including the warm up and cool down. And just starting out after not exercising for months and months, I guess that is not bad. I have already got my food ready for tomorrow and I am hoping to do another 40 minutes after work. But wow, did it wear me out. I am exhausted and ready for bed at 9:30.

The only bad thing about this week is that I unfortunately lose a point for going under 190. And then on Saturday I turn 38, which is another point. I think I am dropping to 24 this week and then 23 next week though instead of doing them both at once.

I've been surfing other blogs and it looks like Team Angie is doing great this week. I hope I was able to help in some way. There are a few ladies who had some rough times, and I know that has got to be difficult. And I am fully aware that at some point in this journey that is going to be me and I hope I handle it as wonderful as they did. Thanks for all the support so far, this has been a great week!

6 comments:

Shari said...

That's great Tracy! Way to go for tracking at yesterday's potluck. Those things are always so hard for me because you don't really know what's in the food, ya know. But you did it! Have a great birthday. I predict 38 will be a great year for you!!

I have my initial weigh in for my other Biggest Loser competition this morning at my daughter's school. That one has a cash prize so I hope I at least get in the top 4! Have a great day! And Hmmmmmph...the 'secret word' I have to enter below to post this comment is 'dunce'. Is blogger trying to tell me something? :)

Bre said...

Great job on the loss!! Congrats!!!

Go team Angie!!!

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Tracy!!!! Awesome job! Exercise your butt off and then ENJOY your birthday celebration on Sat!

Linda - Operation Stick To It said...

Stopping by to fellow A Teamers to show support...I'm struggling right now but I'm hoping reading the A-Team blogs will help me out. Hope you're kicking a$$ and taking names!

"The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!" By Marvin Phillips

Kinder said...

Good job on the loss!! That is amazing!

Overhauling-Me said...

WOOHOO! What a great loss! A-Team all the way!