Thursday, January 29, 2009

Week #3 Results

Well, the good news is, today I weighed in at 185.5, for a loss of -1.5 this week. So that brings my total lost to -9.5 since I first started. So close to 10 pounds, I can’t wait to write that number next week.

The bad news is, I lost 1.5 pounds this week??? Now I know that is not a bad number and I’m really happy the scale is going down but I don’t get it. The first two weeks were not great on program weeks. There were at least two occasions each week that I went way over my points AND my flex points. And I lost more both times.

But this week I stayed within my 23 daily points every single day. I used only 12 of my 35 flex points this week on Saturday so I even had 23 that I could have used. I didn’t get to exercise 3 times this week like I wanted, but I did exercise twice and they were both really good workouts.
So, how did I have such a great week and this is my worst weight loss? Should I up my points a bit more or make sure I use my 35 each week to confuse my body? I found the papers for the Wendy program in some recipes last night so I thought about trying that to get different calories in each day. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I had this big plan that if I could lose at least two pounds a week I could be down to a really good weight in time for Derby this year. I have some friends from out of town that want to actually go to the Derby, which I never have been, and I wanted to shock them by how good I look. So I think that is adding to my disappointment a bit.

One thing I am very proud of though is that my frustration did not lead me to just say screw it today and eat whatever I wanted like it would have in the past. People here at work ordered out pizza today and I ate my packed lunch. And I’ve already tried to plan out my exercise this week to get in at least three or four good workouts.

I did some deep thinking on the way to work this morning and realized that even a 1.5 pound loss a week is 6 pounds a month and that adds up. But most of all I like the way I feel now. I like not having stomach problems from greasy food and overeating to the point of discomfort and feeling strong and healthy and proud of myself. So I’m nowhere close to giving up. And maybe next week will surprise me.

4 comments:

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

That is terrific!!!! Way to go!

Don't be frustrated, that is an awesome loss! Try not to set yourself up with expectations of 2 lbs. every week. It just doesn't work that way. I have been on WW for 18 months and I can tell you even on my most diligent weeks, I never lost more than 2 lbs. On average, I lost 1 lb. a week which by all health guidelines is a safe way to lose. I know it may take longer this way, but it also helps your good eating habits to become ingrained in you. You'll get there!! Slow and steady wins this race -for good!

Shari said...

Yep, I agree with Marisa. If you're anything like me (and I'm sorry if you are :)) you lose quickly at the beginning. Usually my first 2 or 3 weeks are huge loss weeks. Then it trickles down to the 1.0 - 1.5 lb losses each week.

It's ok. You're doing great!!!

karen said...

You are DEFINITELY doing great!!! That being said, the entire time I was on WW (off and on - but mostly on - since February 2004 until I got my BodyBugg in November) I did my best when I was following Wendie for how to divy up my points. It doesn't work for everyone the same way (does anything?), but it might be worth trying for a couple of weeks!

Kud said...

I think that is an awesome weight loss amount. Another thing to consider is that earlier you lost more, because you weighed more. Your weight was coming off in the same percentage as it is now, except now that you weigh less, less is coming off. Does that make sense? Don't get discouraged. Any loss is a great loss, and it's less weight you have to lose in the long run. CONGRATS!